My observations of note over the past seven days included the following:
- up to 6 Fox Sparrows now in our yard, through week’s end.
- 1 Northern Saw-whet Owl (FOY), our yard in Pownal, 3/20.
- 19 Northern Pintails (FOY), Mouth of the Abby, Bowdoinham, 3/22 (with Jeannette).
- 4 Fish Crows (FOY), downtown Brunswick, 3/23 (with Andrew Sharp).
- 1 Eastern Meadowlark (FOY), 1+ Snow Bunting, and 7 Horned Larks, Brunswick Landing, 3/23 (with Andrew Sharp).
- 10 Ring-necked Ducks (FOS), Mouth of the Abby, Bowdoinham, 3/22 (with Andrew Sharp).
- 6 American Woodcocks (FOY), Private Property in Pownal, 3/23 (with Andrew Sharp and Jeannette).
This Week in Finches:
- Red Crossbill: 4 (Bradbury Mountain Hawkwatch, 3/21).
- Common Redpoll High Count This Week: ~15 (Bradbury Mountain Hawkwatch, 3/20).
Is it too early for pine warblers? I thought I heard one in my yard this morning.
Especially this year, it would not be impossibly early, but a lot of Dark-eyed Juncos can sound quite a bit like Pine Warblers.