With the Bradbury Mountain Hawkwatch underway, not surprisingly, just about all of my time was spent up there, getting our new counter up to speed and prepared for the flights to come. My observations of note over the past seven days included:
- Good pulse of American Robins, Song Sparrows, Red-winged Blackbirds, and Common Grackles into the area this week.
- 4 Fox Sparrows (FOY), our yard in Pownal, 3/14. At least 3 continued through week’s end.
- 2 Red-shouldered Hawks (FOS), Bradbury Mountain Spring Hawkwatch, 3/16.
- 2 Wood Ducks (FOY), Bradbury Mountain Spring Hawkwatch, 3/16.
- 3 Fox Sparrows, Runaround Pond Recreation Area, Durham, 3/18.
This Week in Finches. I guess the “return flight” of most species moved northward to our west so far.
- Red Crossbill: 1, Bradbury Mountain Spring Hawkwatch, 3/16.