It was a very good week of birding for me! My observations of note over the past seven days included the following:
- 1 female KING EIDER, The Nubble, Cape Neddick, 2/14.
- 1 continuing pair Green-winged Teal, Abbott’s Pond, York, 2/14.
- 1 Northern Flicker, US Route 1, Kittery, 2/14.
- 1 Hermit Thrush, Maquoit Bay Conservation Land, 2/15.
- 175-200 distant scaup spp, Mere Point Boat Launch, Brunswick, 2/15.
- 26 Lesser Scaup and 420 Greater Scaup in careful count of birds closer than they have been, Simpson’s Point, Brunswick, 2/15.
- 4 BARROW’S GOLDENEYES (2 pairs), Winslow Park, Freeport, 2/18 (with Beth Edmonds and Dan Nickerson; this is my highest count in three years here).
- 1 putative BLACK-HEADED X RING-BILLED GULL HYBRID, Falmouth Town Landing, 2/18 (with Beth Edmonds and Dan Nickerson). Was present in February of 2020; this was the first report for this winter that I am aware of. Video at: https://fb.watch/3KpP3olnTd/
This Week in Finches:
- Red Crossbill: 15 (neighborhood behind Marginal Way, Ognuquit, 2/14).
- PINE GROSBEAK: 9 (Downtown Brunswick, 2/15); 2 (Paul Street, Brunswick, 2/15).
have there ben any further re-sights since 2/18
I don’t know if anyone even bothered to look for it yesterday, but I have not received any reports – positive or negative.
I am looking @ bird right now
On south beach below landing
Walked in very close
Have pix and flight shots
Great! Fun bird.