Our first tour of the season, a roadtrip for work, lots of new arrivals, and more good feeder-watching, but the highlight of the week for me was the awesome congregation of Ring-necked Ducks at Corinna Marsh.
- Evening Grosbeaks continued at our feeders in Durham, with 5 on 4/8 and 2 on 4/9.
- Great performance by American Woodcocks (at least 5-6) including one landing in the open before dusk during our “Woodcocks Gone Wild!” Tour at Pineland Farms on 4/8.
- 1 Evening Grosbeak, Shawmut Dam, Fairfield, 4/10.
- Incredible concentration of _576_ Ring-necked Ducks on the partially-open Corrina Marsh, Corrina, 4/10.
Personal first-of-years and new arrivals:
- 1 Brown Thrasher, our feeders in Durham, 4/8 (Yard Bird #126!)
- 1 Osprey, Highland Road, Brunswick, 4/9 (with Jeannette).
- 1 Savannah Sparrow, Highland Road, Brunswick, 4/9 (with Jeannette).
- 1 Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Corinna Marsh, Corinna, 4/10.
- 2 SANDHILL CRANES, Corinna Marsh, 4/10.
- 1 Palm Warbler. Bangor Waterfront Park, 4/10.
- 1 Chipping Sparrow, our feeders in Durham, 4/13.
Tour and Events:
- Saturday Morning Birdwalks return tomorrow, 4/15! As always, meet at the store at 8:00am for a carpool to a local park.
- Join us at Maine Beer Company on Wednesday, April 19th for their monthly Community Pizza Night to support Feathers Over Freeport! 20% of food sales between 4:00 and 8:00pm will be donated to the upcoming event. https://mainebeercompany.com/visit-us/calendar/community-pizza-night-5
- Speaking of Feathers Over Freeport, Community Pizza Night at MBC is the first of two pre-event events leading up the fun-filled weekend. For a full schedule, see: http://www.maine.gov/feathersoverfreeport