My observations of note over the past seven days included just the following, but it is mid-July:
- 4 continuing Black Scoters, Simpson’s Point, Brunswick, 7/17 (with Saturday Morning Birdwalk group).
- 1 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, private property in North Yarmouth, 7/19 (with Jeannette).
- 2 Blue-gray Gnatcatchers and 1 Yellow-throated Vireo, River Road, Fryeburg Harbor, 7/20 (with Jeannette).
- 2+ Red Crossbills, flying over our yard in Pownal, 7/21.
- Meanwhile, here is our statement about the mystery avian illness being recorded in the Mid-Atlantic states: https://www.freeportwildbirdsupply.com/post/our-statement-on-the-avian-mystery-illness