A handful of observations of note over the past seven days included both signs of spring and winter specialties.
- 2 male, 1 female BARROW’S GOLDENEYES, Winslow Park, Freeport, 2/19 (with Saturday Morning Birdwalk group).
- 1 male Red-winged Blackbird, wicked early FOY, feeders here at the store, 2/19-present. Four as of 2/23.
- 1 THICK-BILLED MURRE, The Cliff House, Ogunquit, 2/20 (with Down East Adventures Winter Waterbird Workshop group).
- 1 first-winter Iceland Gull, Auburn Riverwalk, 2/22 (with Jeannette).
- 6 Common Grackles (FOY), Capisic Pond Park, Portland, 2/24.
- 1 female Northern Pintail, Riverbank Park, Westbrook, 2/24.
Pingback: This Week’s Highlights, 2/19-25, 2022. – Maine Reportings