My observations of note over the past seven days included the following:
- 1 pair Green-winged Teal, Abbott’s Pond, York, 1/17 (with Terez Fraser and John Lorenc).
- 1 Northern Shrike, Route 201, Norridgewock, 1/19 (with Jeannette).
- 1 Canada Jay, Long Falls Dam Road, Carrying Place Township, 1/19 (with Jeannette).
- 5 RUSTY BLACKBIRDS, Private property in Durham, 1/21.
- 1 drake Green-winged Teal and 1 1st cycle Iceland Gull, Mill Creek Cove, South Portland, 1/22.
- 1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Mill Creek Park, South Portland, 1/22.
This Week in Finches, at least for the sake of continuing to organize mostly negative data:
- EVENING GROSBEAK: 0
- Red Crossbill:
- WHITE-WINGED CROSSBILL: total of 11 (Long Falls Dam Road between North New Portland and Flagstaff Lake, 1/19; with Jeannette).
- PINE GROSBEAK: 3 (here at the store, 1/17-present); 11 (Yarmouth Town Hall, 2/21); 7 (Cumberland Town Landing, 2/21).
- Purple Finch High Count This Week: 0
- Common Redpoll High Count This Week: 0
- Pine Siskin High Count This Week: 0