My observations of note over the past seven days were as follows:
- 3 immature White-crowned Sparrows continue here at the store’s feeders through 11/11.
- 1 Red Crossbill, around the store, 11/8.
- 1 YELLOW WARBLER, 1 Rusty Blackbird, 1 Winter Wren, 4 Greater Yellowlegs, etc, Wolfe’s Neck Center, Freeport 11/9 (with Jeannette).
- 3 PINE GROSBEAKS (FOY), Moose Point State Park, Searsport, 11/10 (with Evan Obercian).
- 1 WHITE-WINGED CROSSBILL, Sears Island, 11/10 (with Evan Obercian).
- 1 Winter Wren and 1 Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Sandy Point Beach, Searsport, 11/10 (with Evan Obercian).
- 1 BOHEMIAN WAXWING, Stockton Cove, Stockton Springs, 11/10 (with Evan Obercian).
- 1 Lapland Longspur, 1 Red Crossbill, 4 American Pipits, 6 Snow Buntings, 60+ Horned Larks, Mayall Road, Gray/New Gloucester, 11/11.
- 1 American Pipit, fly-over here at the store, 11/11 (our 130th Yard Bird!).
- 1 BULLOCK’S ORIOLE, Spring Hill Lane (see previous posts on Maine Birds Google Group or the Maine Birds Facebook Group for directions), Freeport, 11/11.
- 1 Red Crossbill, Florida Lake Park, Freeport, 11/12.
- Pine Siskin High Count This Week: 14, Spring Hill Road, Freeport, 11/11.
- Common Redpoll High Count This Week: 2, multiple locations.
- EVENING GROSBEAK High Count This Week: 8, over the store, 11/7 (with Saturday Morning Birdwalk group).
Pingback: This Week’s Highlights, 11/7-13, 2020 | Maine Birding Field Notes – Wolf's Birding and Bonsai Blog