At least one Ruby-crowned Kinglet continues at the Saco Riverwalk as of 12/15 (I had three here last week). This one does not seem particularly happy about it, however.
Being short-staffed in the weeks before Christmas is not a good recipe for lots of birding time when you work in retail! Luckily, my three mornings out and about were all quite productive for mid-December.
- 1 DOVEKIE, 14+ Razorbills, 3 Black-legged Kittwakes, etc. in one hour of seawatching at Dyer Point, Cape Elizabeth, 12/11.
- 1 Field Sparrow, private property in Cape Elizabeth, 12/11.
- 1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Mill Creek Park, South Portland, 12/11.
- ~140 RUDDY DUCKS, 1 drake Green-winged Teal, 1 drake Northern Pintail, 52 Lesser Scaup, 19 Greater Scaup, etc, Sabattus Pond, Sabattus, 12/12.
- 2 Red Crossbills, private property in Freeport, 12/13.
- Scattered tarrying Turkey Vultures this week included a high count of 4 over the store on 12/13.
- 1 continuing GRAY CATBIRD, 1 continuing Ruby-crowned Kinglet, and 1 continuing Wood Duck, Saco Riverwalk, 12/15.