This weekly report has been posted on the Maine-Birds Google Group and our store’s Facebook Page for several years. I’m playing around with a new repository for these weekly reports. How does it look here? The archives are searchable at least, and it’s an easy way to encourage me to add more photos (at least one a week is my goal!).
My observations of note over the past seven days included the following:
– a few Evening Grosbeaks in and around our yard in Pownal all week.
– 1 very early BOHEMIAN WAXWING, 1 NORTHERN SHRIKE, 1 LESSER YELLOWLEGS, 4 Common Redpolls, 2 American Tree Sparrows (FOF), and 3 Common Goldeneyes (FOF), Wolfe’s Neck Center, Freeport, 10/31 (with Saturday Morning Birdwalk group).
– 1 BLUE-HEADED VIREO, 1 Gray Catbird, and 1 Blackpoll Warbler, Saco Riverwalk, 11/1.
– 1 female Wood Duck, Grondin Pond, Scarborough, 11/1.
– 10 Snow Buntings (FOF), Sebago Lake State Park, 11/2 (with Jeannette).
– 1 Fox Sparrow, our yard in Pownal, 11/2.
– 300+ Horned Larks, 60+ American Pipits, 8 Snow Buntings, and 2 Lapland Longspurs (FOF), Mayall Road, Gray/New Gloucester, 11/4.
– Sabattus Pond, Sabattus, 11/6:
- 674 Mallards
- 644 Ruddy Ducks
- 277 Common Mergansers
- 89 Canada Geese
- 75 Green-winged Teal
- 68 Greater Scaup
- 20 American Black Ducks
- 55 Hooded Mergansers
- 28 Bufflehead
- 8 Lesser Scaup
- 5 American Wigeon
- 4 GADWALL
- 2 Northern Pintails
- 2 Common Loons
- 1 Red-breasted Merganser
- 1 Double-crested Cormorant
- 1 continuing female LONG-TAILED DUCK
- 1 RED-NECKED GREBE
- 1 EVENING GROSBEAK
- 1 Rusty Blackbird
-Pine Siskin High Count This Week: 18+, feeders here at the store most of the week.-Scattered small numbers of Common Redpolls all week and increasing by week’s end.