A few observations of note away from the Morning Flight over the past seven days for me included:
- 1 CLAY-COLORED SPARROW, Wolfe’s Neck Center, Freeport, 10/2 (with Saturday Morning Birdwalk).
- Overall, it was a great week of sparrow migration, with a nice high count on 10/8 from Wolfe’s Neck Center of 125 Song, 100 Savannah, 75 Swamp, 25 White-throated, 2 White-crowned, and 1 Lincoln’s.
- Sabattus Pond season is underway as well! On 10/8, I had early-season tallies of 76 Ruddy Ducks (first of fall), 33 Lesser Scaup, 18 Greater Scaup (first of fall), 2 Ring-necked Ducks, 2 Red-breasted Mergansers (first of fall), etc.
- There is still a limited amount of space available on Monday’s ½-day pelagic out of Boothbay Harbor. You can sign up directly here: https://www.boothbayboattrips.com/cruises/special-pelagic-bird-cruise/
- And I’ve finally posted my tour report from Monhegan, 9/24-9/28. The blog includes photos and daily checklists: