My observations of note over the past seven days included the following:
- Here’s the trip report from our tour to Seal Island on 6/26. Spoiler alert: no Red-billed Tropicbird.
- 5 White-winged Scoters, Scott’s Landing Preserve, Deer Isle, 6/27 (with Marion Sprague).
- 1 immature male YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRD, Route 1, Freeport, 6/30. Photo above. Viewing details here: https://www.facebook.com/Freeportwildbird/photos/a.207375549292407/4597005543662697
- “Fall” shorebird migration is underway! 7 Lesser Yellowlegs, 3 Greater Yellowlegs, and 2 Least Sandpipers (FOF) were off Eastern Road Trail, Scarborough Marsh, 7/1 (with clients from AZ).
- 4 Gadwall, Eastern Road Trail, 7/1 (with clients from AZ).
- 1-2 TRICOLORED HERONS, Scarborough Marsh, 7/1 (first at Eastern Road and then possibly same bird later at Pelreco Marsh; with clients from AZ).
- The proposed continuing TRICOLORED HERON X SNOWY EGRET X LITTLE EGRET HYBRID, Pelreco Marsh, Scarborough Marsh, 7/1 (with clients from AZ). Later spotted passing over Pine Point.